Saturday, January 7, 2017

Orientation and More Exploring!


To start off the day, first-year students went to orientation. Obviously, I'm a sophomore, or a "second year", but it is my first time attending UofG, so I'm back to floor 1. There was a lot of good information, mostly about how class registration worked, and also a lot where people asked the same questions multiple times, proving that none of them were actually listening. After the orientation, a small group of CNU students decided to go out and explore the wonderful city a bit more.

City Center (or Centre, depending on your preference) is amazing. There is so much life in the city, and it is obvious this is the hub of it all. There are so many cool shops and friendly people. It took a while to actually get there from the main campus of the university, and it made me realized exactly how big the biggest city in Scotland really was. After a good morning in the "centre", we decided to find an authentic pub-style restaurant for lunch. It was time to try haggis. Now, I have been extremely skeptical about haggis ever since I found out about it. I wanted to go into trying it with an open mind. I ended up loving it. It had the same texture as ground beef, but it was a very hearty and heavy meat that filled you up fast. I will most definitely be eating it again.

On the way back to the room, we got lost, so we asked a local construction worker, and though it was still difficult to understand the accent, we were soon understanding why Glasgow is considered one of the friendliest cities in the world. I also gotten to meet some really cool people from all over the world. One of my room mates is from England, two are from Poland, and one is from New Zealand. I'm already starting to get the hang of navigating through the streets, and I can't wait to continue onto my next journey.

1 comment:

  1. Papa and I Love reading about your travels! Glad your new experiences are going well.

    ReplyDelete